If you cannot find an answer to your question then please contact us or call Andy on 07976 322417.
We will do everything within our capabilities to make your time with us as pleasurable as can be. Our sole purpose is to make you go away with nothing but happy memories. However, please bear in mind the type of holiday/activity you have joined. Adventure, escapism and discovery is what we are about.
We take you to the places that the large tour companies won’t/can’t get to. We aim to cater for all needs but the places we visit are not where you will see masses of package tourists so certain items and facilities may not be available. Although in comparison to many others, Atlas is a large yacht but we are still limited as to what we can stock up with.
There is ample on board to carry out your ablutions but please don’t expect long hot showers every morning. There are showers on board but these are strictly functional as there is not an endless supply of hot water. In many (but not all) places we visit there are Tavernas & hotels that offer hot showers for a small charge, generally 3-5 euros.
Could we also ask that if playing music either in your cabin or anywhere else on the boat that you have consideration for others. This applies particularly when we are moored up in marinas or in port.
Here is a basic checklist that should help:
- Casual clothes for warm and cool weather, including a warm fleece
- Long sleeved top for sun protection whilst sailing
- Deck shoes or trainers with good grip and non marking soles
- Sunglasses and hat
- Wash kit
- Large beach towel. Towels that are provided on board are not for use on deck.
- Sea sickness tablets and any other personal medication you feel you may require
- Mosquito repellent and bite cream
- Remember to bring your log book with you if you have one already
- Mobile phone charger 12v USB connection.
- Training students: passport photo, First Aid Certificate and Radio Licence where applicable.
- AND PLEASE DO NOT BRING A HARD SUITCASE AS THESE ARE DIFFICULT TO STOW
- FINALLY…..When you are planning your evening activity/dining etc please do not feel obliged to remain with the group. If you prefer to set out on your own then please do so. There is also no curfew on what time you must return in the evenings but if you are late returning please have consideration for other guests. Also please don’t feel guilty leaving us on the boat in the evenings. Although we do ourselves occasionally dine out in the evenings, we often don’t. This is for both financial and waistline reasons as we are out around in Greece all the time and we often just sort our own evening meal for ourselves on the boat. We will however let you know if we are planning to dine out and if that’s the case then you are obviously more than welcome to join us.